Salam Pax speaks

Filed as News on September 9, 2003 7:59 pm

by Duncan

The Baghdad blogger speaks to the Guardian in a facinating article:
MediaGuardian.co.uk | New media | Salam Pax: How I became the Baghdad Blogger

My name is Salam Pax and I am addicted to blogs. Some people watch daytime soaps, I follow blogs. I follow the hyperlinks on the blogs I read. I travel through the web guided by bloggers. I get wrapped up in the plots narrated by them. I was reading so many blogs I had to assign weekdays for each bunch, plus the ones I was reading daily. It is slightly voyeuristic, especially those really personal blogs: day-to-day, mundane stuff which is actually fascinating; glimpses of lives so different, and so much amazing writing. No politics, just people’s lives. How they deal with pain or grief, how they share their happy moments with anybody who cares to read.

1. By robert posted on January 25, 2004 at 9:52 pm

I know exactly what are you talking about! I’m blog addicted too!

2. By web master posted on March 30, 2004 at 10:55 am

Mesothelioma is a very rare form of lung cancer that arises in the mesothelium. The mesothelium is made up of parietal and visceral membranes, thin layers of tissue, which surround organs and body cavities, such as the lungs or abdomen. The visceral membrane immediately surrounds the organ, and the parietal membrane is a sac covering the visceral membrane. The visceral and parietal membranes that make up the mesothelium. This fluid helps organs move easily among surrounding structures. In the case of the lung, it helps reduce friction between the lung and chest wall during normal breathing as the lung expands.

The mesothelioma cancer is referred to by different names, depending on what part of the body it is found in. In the abdomen, it is called the peritoneum, in the lungs, the pleura, and in the heart, the pericardium. These correspond to peritoneum mesothelioma (cancer of the abdomen/stomach), pleural mesothelioma (cancer of the lung lining) and pericardium mesothelioma.

3. By Mesothelioma Information posted on April 12, 2004 at 8:43 am

There are a lot of resources sites on the web about Mesothelioma – this more helped me understand what it is all about:

4. By null posted on August 13, 2004 at 12:37 am

null

5. By anchors posted on October 20, 2004 at 2:06 am

Hello.

I’ve been looking around and came across your site by accident. The information you link to from your home page is quite informative so thanks for taking the time to post it.

Joe