Duncan Riley> Time for a quick bleg because I’ve got a problem (it seems to be one of those days). I need a new web host. I’ve currently got blogs scattered across two web hosts, one of which has no control panel support and which I pulled The Blog Herald off because although they had great customer service, they didn’t handle traffic well and tended to blame me for “scripting errors” every time there was a problem, and the second host is offering great value and reliable service (where the Blog Herald is now) but has really slow customer service and a terrible billing system. We’ve all been through good and bad hosts, but I’d welcome your comments for my own use and for others if you’d like to share. My specifications are
1. Shared is fine, although atleast 1 unique ip should be available in the package.
2. Fairly low cost: I don’t want to pay lots of many (does any one!).
3. Should preferably take Paypal for payment, although this is not compulsory for the right deal (its just easier to use my blogads payments this way)
4. Atleast 20gb in the package each month, more if possible (the figure just gets bigger every month)
5. Should be able to host multiple domains at no extra cost as part of the package, shared in the 20GB, this is vital for me, I have lots of domains and a number of projects and sites hosted for myself and others. I can accept say 5 or 10 domains in a package and then pay a small amount for each additional, but I think paying for an individual package for each domain name is ridiculous
6. Should naturally be able to host blogware, WordPress in particular, but also MT and others. Also be able to host CMS packages like Mambo
7. Generous SQL accounts
8. Preferably have control panel access like cPanel, and preferably is running AWStats for the stats tracking
Leave a comment or drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org, I’m happy to sign up if your an affiliate somewhere so you can benefit from the deal, but I need to know that the hosting is reliable and meets my needs.