Interview with comment spammer David Naylor

Filed as News on July 5, 2005 11:25 pm

by Duncan

Searchmarketing.info has an interesting interview with SEO David Naylor, who admits to being a comment spammer, as well as a content thief….it’s interesting only in that the natural way he talks about what he is doing, which is downright scary. The select quote:

“We tend to run 2 or 3 different programs at a time and live by the sword, whether it be blog spamming, scraper sites, content driven sites or just plain old clean SEO sites.”

(via Threadwatch)

1. By Cary posted on July 6, 2005 at 12:01 am

Wow…a scary, but rather entertaining read. I think I’ll stick to plain old good content and relevant links. It helps me sleep better ; )

This was my favorite frightening quote: ‘On my “build & burnâ€? domains there is only one type of penalty and that is hand removal and we live by the motto – keep walking and never look back!’

Uggh, if that’s the price for success then I’m happy to be a failure.

Seriously : )

2. By John (SYNTAGMA) posted on July 6, 2005 at 3:48 am

I think there’s a bit of bravado and buccaneering humour going on here. He’s obviously relishing his ability to frighten the horses.

3. By Itinerant Librarian posted on July 6, 2005 at 12:56 pm

Not that I approve of content thieves and spammers (actually, I would love to reserve a “special place” for them, but alas. . .), but the interview was interesting nonetheless. Thanks.

4. By the english guy posted on July 6, 2005 at 4:28 pm

Very interesting interview. Thanks for providing the link.

5. » Comment spammer angry at receiving comment spam The Blog Herald: more blog news more oftenJuly 6, 2005 at 11:03 pm
  6. » Something very rotten in the Googleplex The Blog Herald: more blog news more oftenAugust 17, 2005 at 8:23 am
  7. By William Keeley posted on August 18, 2005 at 11:56 am

I treat comment spammers the same as i treat email spammers. If they take a crap on my blogs or in my email box, I set Spammer Slapper on them. I am also an ardent supporter of http://www.bluesecurity.com Blue Frog campaign. I say if spammers want visits to their website, then I am willing to give them their wish.