Findory launched RSS reader

Filed as General on September 22, 2005 10:02 pm

by Duncan

Findory has announced the launch of a “Bloglines-like” Feedreeder (available here)

According to Findory’s Greg Linden “unlike many other RSS readers, [the new service is] fast, very fast.”

Whilst it is fast, it also lacks folders and rearranges imported feeds into alphabetical order in one long list which is wonderful if your reading ten feeds on one subject, but not the 110 I currently have in my Bloglines account.

(via ThreadWatch)

1. By Nick Douglas posted on September 23, 2005 at 10:57 pm

It’s ridiculous, isn’t it? I tried it for 2 minutes and gave up. How the hell can they claim that you could track over 1k feeds? This is only good for ten feeds, tops.

2. By quaisi posted on September 24, 2005 at 9:22 am

I have close to 200 feeds in my Bloglines acount (I realise this isn`t a competition :)) They are all arranged alphabetically without any folders or levels.

It works well for me as I can easily locate the position of the feed I want to read next.

3. By Greg Linden posted on September 24, 2005 at 1:50 pm

Hi, Nick. Sorry that Findory isn’t working well for you.

With 1k feeds, the idea is to use the “Newest feeds” view, which shows you feeds that have been recently updated, and the “Top Stories from My Favorites”, which shows you a selection of recommended, recently updated articles from your feeds. That is how Findory can work for someone with 1k feeds.

Findory is different than other feed readers. It learns from the articles you read and surfaces other interesting articles. If you want to see every article from every feed you have, Findory clearly isn’t the right tool for the job. But, if you want something to help you quickly prioritize and focus in the flood of information in your 1k feeds, Findory might be what you want.

I apologize that you didn’t find the experience compelling at first. I hope you might consider trying it again.

Greg Linden, Founder & CEO, Findory.com

4. TechCrunch » Findory Adds Self-Evolving Feed ReaderSeptember 25, 2005 at 2:19 pm
  5. By Paul posted on December 16, 2005 at 10:37 pm

If I ask you – do we need so many feeders, aggregators etc.? What would you answer?

Everyone wants to make money, that’s understandable.. but what a choice… what for?

6. By Marry posted on January 2, 2006 at 5:23 am

With 1k feeds, the idea is to use the “Newest feeds� view, which shows you feeds that have been recently updated, and the “Top Stories from My Favorites�, which shows you a selection of recommended, recently updated articles from your feeds. That is how Findory can work for someone with 1k feeds.

7. techcrunch » Blog Archive » Findory Adds Self-Evolving Feed ReaderAugust 14, 2007 at 6:12 am
  8. Bristol Design Uk WebFebruary 7, 2008 at 10:24 am