Network bans Adsense ads over Google into China

Filed as General on January 31, 2006 10:05 pm

by Duncan

Personally I think this is daft, but here it is anyway: Blogger News Network Discontinues Google Ads.

1. By Robert, Editor/BNN posted on January 31, 2006 at 10:23 pm

Why is it daft? I disapprove of where they get their money, so I’m declining to take their money. Seems fairly elementary.

2. By Duncan Riley posted on February 1, 2006 at 3:08 am

Tell me Robert, do you use Microsoft of Apple products? what sort of car do you drive…what electronic goods in your house….they all do business in China, are you going to stop using these as well, or not use Microsoft or Apple products? indeed I think you’ll find that your commercial distro’s of Linux are sold in China as well, so Red Hat and Novell are out….

3. By Kevin posted on February 1, 2006 at 4:09 pm

It seems to me that its a bit wierd to get all irritated enough to remove the ads but still use the blogger.com system. Just my 2 cents.

4. By Andy M posted on February 1, 2006 at 5:06 pm

Kevin, the editor assures me he uses his own domain name and server space – so why the heck he’s still got a blogger header is beyond me.

And a GMAIL account???

5. By Kevin posted on February 1, 2006 at 7:10 pm

I dont doubt that he has his own domain name and server space, but the fact is that he is using the blogger system to control the blog it seems. It just seems that if you are going to rebel against Google because of their choices, you need to go full out.

6. By Andy M posted on February 1, 2006 at 7:30 pm

Sorry Kevin was the irony or sarcasm lost in the text. I know. :)

Apparently it’s just to do with accepting money, not using Google for anytthing else …