Podcast 2006.2: All things WordCamp

Filed as Podcasts on August 6, 2006 5:30 pm

Welcome to our second official podcast here at The Blog Herald. Our focus in today’s edition..
WordCamp 2006.

We have some brief thoughts on WordCamp 2006.. why it was important to us to have reporters on the scene in San Francisco.. and an interview with David Krug of PopCrunch.

You can subscribe directly to our podcast feed.

You’ll also hear a significant sound difference with this podcast from our previous efforts as we’ve now setup a proper podcasting studio with some much higher quality equipment than what we were using before.

And now, on with the show. Notes after the jump….

Show references:

Tags:

1. By Jessica Doyle posted on August 7, 2006 at 12:34 am

Nice podcast! Cheers! I’ll be a listening to them as they appear. And the sound was fabulous this time around.

2. By Martin posted on August 7, 2006 at 1:19 am

Nice stuff Matt, such an improvement in just one week – what you need to do after you get settled in with this podcastig thing is do a behind the scenes podc/video of TBH podcast – let’s see the setup.

I must applaud The Blog Herald for being “on the ground” at WordCamp for bloggers that can’t get to these things – do you now how much it costs to travel to the States from Australia :-( – we gotta watch these things from afar.

I’m quite surprised that some other blog news sites didn’t do much covering – really surprised.

And damn it, I now must re-evaluate this Krug dude ;-) – a few things he said in the interview “really” caught my attention.

3. By Matt posted on August 7, 2006 at 6:51 am

Thanks for the feedback Jessica!

It’s amazing the difference in sound between a simple headset and a more professional rig. I can’t say enough about the folks at Podcastrigs, who have some great example setups and resources on their blog & forums!

Matt

4. By Matt posted on August 7, 2006 at 6:54 am

I was taping some segments last night to use on rainy days. One of them was a rundown of the gear that’s in our setup now and how we make it work together. It’s about 5-6 minutes long… we’ll definately use it at some point.

And I gotta get some pictures.. but first I need to clean up in here. ;)

I must applaud The Blog Herald for being “on the groundâ€? at WordCamp for bloggers that can’t get to these things – do you now how much it costs to travel to the States from Australia :-( – we gotta watch these things from afar.

Thanks! That was our goal and it looks like it paid off well – pretty nice traffic over the last few days… and alot of positive press for us.. we like that ;-)

I was suprised too at the lack of coverage.

And damn it, I now must re-evaluate this Krug dude ;-) – a few things he said in the interview “reallyâ€? caught my attention.

I keep telling everyone that folks underestimate David… :)
    B

5. WorkBoxers - Making money online since 1891 ..August 7, 2006 at 7:54 am
  6. Starked SF » Blog Archive » Talk of the town: Monday, August 7August 7, 2006 at 8:24 am
  7. [gonzo]musings » Blog Archive » I’m Bored So I’m Playing with the Themes that WP.com Has Given Us to UseAugust 7, 2006 at 1:05 pm
  8. Create First-Rate Recordings & Podcasts With USB Microphones at Gadget BloggersAugust 7, 2006 at 4:49 pm
  9. WordCamp Pictures and Words at Holy Shmoly!August 31, 2006 at 3:08 am