All I have is my balls….

Filed as News on October 16, 2006 1:21 pm

Well, really all I have is my integrity, but saying it this way gets your attention alot more than if I had just said that..

Robert Scoble wrote yesterday that blog integrity is important, going on to say in more detail:

If you don’t disclose you’re being paid to blog, you’re gonna create a mess, like Edelman and Walmart did. That’s why I don’t like PayPerPost (which sponsored part of the conference yesterday). I don’t mind PayPerPost on the face of it. As long as you disclose you’re being paid, your integrity is intact.

The problem is that some simply don’t believe in being open about this simple fact.. whether it’s about PayPerPost, or whomever is paying your paycheck, some bloggers are simply not honest.

Not disclosing that you’re being paid to shill is one thing – not disclosing that you’re affiliated with someone before posting about it is another… and the list of what impacts integrity goes deeper than even that…

It’s also about respecting other bloggers – about not stealing their content – about honoring creative commons restrictions on content – about honoring copyright – and about just basic human decency.

All I really want from others bloggers is for them to not yank my chain.. and don’t break my balls…

Tags:

1. By Darren McLaughlin posted on October 16, 2006 at 1:39 pm

It’s a world full of ball-busters unfortunately :)

2. self-whoring for money at Am I Famous Now?October 16, 2006 at 2:09 pm
  3. By Kamrul Hassan posted on October 16, 2006 at 4:11 pm

balls is needed to gain credibility.
    But sometimes even if the newbie blogger have balls, no one listen.:P

But off course payperpost like system, can be just ignored, because I think it will be too cheap to sell my morality for $10, which is over here 500. I can buy milk for my baby with that but still its way too cheap. I like to get paid for my research, but not that way.

I won’t die for not to get paid for blog. Same goes with everyone, they should think that before jump in to destroy what left of morality.

4. By Jessica Doyle posted on October 16, 2006 at 5:57 pm

To pay or not to pay or to be paid or not to be paid? Money is such a hot topic lately and the disclosure of it from bloggers.

I think that is what we all want Matt. It comes down to honesty. Before the honesty can be got to sometimes one has to break their own balls, crushing fear of oneself, to get to the nitty gritty (integrity).

5. By Tony posted on October 16, 2006 at 7:00 pm

Question is how many balls do you have? :)

6. By Jessica Doyle posted on October 16, 2006 at 7:21 pm

I have about 20 paper maché balls Tony waiting for a fresh coat of paint ;) Not sure who that question was directed at but as a female I have balls except I tend to call them ovaries or hormones that bounce all over the place.

7. By Tony posted on October 16, 2006 at 7:56 pm

Ha ha — I love paper mache … are you making maracas, by any chance?

8. By Robyn Tippins posted on October 16, 2006 at 7:57 pm

What amazes me about this is that there are actually people on the other side… In what world is selling your soul a ‘good thing’?

9. By Jessica Doyle posted on October 16, 2006 at 10:41 pm

Right now they are still paper maché balls in line for paint. They could become anything I suppose…inlcuding maracas :)

10. By Matt Craven posted on October 18, 2006 at 12:12 am

Me? I got lotsa balls

11. PayPerPost Regains Its Integrity (Requries Disclosure) at The Blog HeraldDecember 18, 2006 at 1:08 pm
  12. Small Niche Bloggers Gaining Corporate Attention (And Getting Free Stuff) : The Blog HeraldMarch 22, 2008 at 2:43 pm