Google misspells itself as Googe

Filed as News on February 14, 2007 2:53 pm

Repost This

We bloggers often make spelling mistakes but when you see Google overlooked its Valentine’s Day logo like the one below…

Googe

… you’ll wonder if the artist was too in love or just got heart-broken to notice the misspelling.

Happy Valentines everyone! :)

Tags: ,

1. By Christopher Finke posted on February 14, 2007 at 3:06 pm

The stem of the strawberry could easily be the “l”.

2. By Abe Olandres posted on February 14, 2007 at 3:08 pm

It’s possible but one doesn’t get it at first glance.

3. By Andy Merrett posted on February 14, 2007 at 3:27 pm

Nice – as Christopher says I think the stalk is the l. Clever.

4. By Allen.H posted on February 14, 2007 at 3:43 pm

I don’t think that’s a misspell, as Christopher said – The green stem is the L while the chocolate forms the G.

Allen.H

5. By Maki posted on February 14, 2007 at 4:11 pm

It’s still up .. so I guess it’s gotta be intentional.

6. By Joe Levi posted on February 14, 2007 at 4:49 pm

A co-worker brought the “missing L” to my attention this morning, and I pointed out the cherry stem… It’s a stretch, but I think that’s what the Google Designers had in mind.

7. Google Misspells Its Own Name » Technology, Blogging and New MediaFebruary 14, 2007 at 5:25 pm
  8. By Gail posted on February 14, 2007 at 8:57 pm

I highly doubt it’s the stem’s the L.

Ahh… The things people do when they’re too in love or heart-broken to focus. hehehe Must be the Valentines Day air… A bank teller even gave my husband the account balance of somebody else’s bank account when he asked for his—the lady was too excited telling her colleague about her plans for the evening :D Maybe the Google artist also had a big date planned in the evening? hehe

9. By Bob posted on February 15, 2007 at 2:23 am

The Google artist is using a silient L very common with the artsy crowd.

10. By Genevieve posted on February 15, 2007 at 3:56 am

It took me only one short doubletake to realize that the strawberry represents the “gl” consonant blend (or at least it was called a consonant blend, back in the Dark Ages when I had phonics class.)

11. By John posted on February 15, 2007 at 10:13 pm

Here is part of the official statement of google behind their valentines logo

“..those with true romance and poetry in their soul will see the subtlety immediately.”

so yes the stem is the L and Abe needs romance in his life

LOL

12. By Tomtom posted on February 16, 2007 at 5:25 pm

‘I highly doubt it’s the stem’s the L.’

I hate it when people think they know everything. LOL

13. By Jim Peake posted on February 18, 2007 at 8:11 pm

it’s nice to know they are human too!

14. Spam Από το Google;September 21, 2010 at 10:37 am