Feedburner Drops Google Subscribers *Again*?

Filed as News on November 9, 2007 2:30 pm

Well, it almost looks like it, as it seems like the numbers are uniformly down, just like 5-6 days ago, when Feedburner’s subscribers had fallen by half.  The reason that was given at the time was that subscribers stats from Google’s Feedfetcher were off line.

Has the same thing happened again?   Many commenters on the same post at Feedburner are wondering the same thing as the numbers seem to be down around 50% again.  More importantly, with these kind of reliability issues the second time in as many days, it does one reflexively wonder what is going on at Feedburner/Google HQ, whether it be security issues, upgrades, or hardware failures or what have you.

Tags:

1. By Guillermo posted on November 9, 2007 at 3:40 pm

“Ooops! I did it again?”

Yes, it did happened again!

2. By Chris posted on November 9, 2007 at 3:51 pm

For me, the real story looking at my Feedburner stats this morning was not the absense of Google Feedfetcher numbers once again, but the rapidly increasing number of subscribers using the Flock browser’s feed reader.

3. By Anne Helmond posted on November 9, 2007 at 3:57 pm

feeds.feedburner.com 9:14 pm
    feeds.feedburner.com 9:14 pm
    feeds.feedburner.com 9:13 pm
    feeds.feedburner.com 9:13 pm

How odd is that?

4. By Tony Hung posted on November 9, 2007 at 6:26 pm

Pretty odd … if I hear anything I’ll be sure to let everyone know. On another note, your comment almost “looks” like spam. Chalk one up to Akismet for letting a real one through. ;)

5. By Darnell Clayton posted on November 9, 2007 at 6:40 pm

This probably has more to do with Google Reader than Feedburner.

Remember, don’t kill the messenger. ;-)

6. By dinsan posted on November 9, 2007 at 10:28 pm

Even I Have noticed this happening for the second time this week ! ….

7. By CompuWorld posted on November 10, 2007 at 4:20 am

yesterday it seem to be down for me but today it is again back to normal. I actually don’t know if it is normal. Who know if they are messing it up behind the scenes and my blog this way will have wrong impression on my readers mind. :(

8. links for 2007-11-10 : William M. HartnettNovember 10, 2007 at 5:21 am
  9. By redwall_hp posted on November 10, 2007 at 7:33 am

“I have no idea what is going on at Feedburner but I just noticed this in my referral log:

feeds.feedburner.com 9:30 pm
    feeds.feedburner.com 9:30 pm
    feeds.feedburner.com 9:29 pm
    feeds.feedburner.com 9:29 pm
    feeds.feedburner.com 9:29 pm
    feeds.feedburner.com 9:28 pm
    feeds.feedburner.com 9:28 pm”

Feedburner is trying to DoS your website! The next day it will read “PWNed by Feedburner,” right? :D

10. By balikesir posted on May 12, 2008 at 3:37 pm

Even I Have noticed this happening for the second time this week ! ….

Current ye@r *