Thanks for all the memories

Filed as Features on January 13, 2008 9:50 pm

Hi everybody,

I’ve elected to step down as the Editor of the BlogHerald today after some professional differences in opinion about how this blog ought to be run. Sometimes there are differences that you just have to agree to disagree about, and I believe that this is one of those circumstances.

I’ve had a tremendous time taking on this role, and its given me a fantastic opportunity to meet people and learn a few things about growing a flagship blog. I’d like to thank Mark Saunders for giving me the opportunity, and I’d like to thank every blogger that works here personally for all of their efforts and hard work. It has been an honour and pleasure to work with all of you.

Lastly, I’d like to thank all of the old readers who stuck around after the transition to a Splashpress ownership, and I’d like extend an outgoing hand to all of our new readers. I hope that under my stewardship we gained your trust, and I’d like to thank you for your ongoing patronage.

Thanks to everyone for all the memories, as the past year with the BlogHerald is one that I will never forget.

Cheers,
Tony Hung MD.

Tags:

1. Thanks for all the memories : BlogazineJanuary 13, 2008 at 10:36 pm
  2. By sir jorge posted on January 13, 2008 at 11:26 pm

sir jorge is sad now.

3. By Webomatica posted on January 13, 2008 at 11:55 pm

4. By Minic posted on January 14, 2008 at 5:28 am

Blog Herald will surely miss you.

5. By Mark posted on January 14, 2008 at 5:30 am

Thanks for all your sterling work as Editor, Tony, in what has nearly been a year- as well as all your excellent, incisive content.

Very sad to see you leave….

6. Deep Jive Interests » Leaving The BlogHeraldJanuary 14, 2008 at 5:49 am
  7. A Global Movement From Blogs To Books : The Blog HeraldJanuary 14, 2008 at 5:55 am
  8. By HART (1-800-HART) posted on January 14, 2008 at 6:18 am

Hi Tony … Your Presense here will be remembered, and missed! Hope they were good memories for you :D

Take care.eh?

9. By PC posted on January 14, 2008 at 8:32 am

It was great to read your posts…

10. BloggerTalks » Blog Archive » Tony Hung leaves The Blog HeraldJanuary 14, 2008 at 8:41 am
  11. By Mark Evans posted on January 14, 2008 at 12:10 pm

I’m sure it was a tough decision, Tony, but I’m looking forward to more great stuff from Deep Jive Interests. And then you’ve got that busy day job!

cheers, Mark

12. By Arab Aquarius posted on January 14, 2008 at 12:51 pm

I just started checking Herald about a week ago, so I am totally new. From what I’ve seen by browsing the late archive, you did a great job. Good luck on your new ventures.

13. By Lewis posted on January 14, 2008 at 2:05 pm

I never realized there were politics involved with a blog…

14. By Andy Merrett posted on January 14, 2008 at 3:14 pm

I’m sure there are some (more) amazing things ahead for you, Tony. It was great working with you. Looking forward to seeing where life takes you next.

15. By Jessi posted on January 15, 2008 at 6:54 pm

Best of luck with your future adventures then. :)

16. By Chris Garrett posted on January 16, 2008 at 10:38 am

Good luck Tony, I am sure we will still see a lot of you :)

17. BloggerTalks » Blog Archive » David Krug returns to The Blog Herald - a brief interviewJanuary 23, 2008 at 10:10 am

Current ye@r *