Prologue Theme For WordPress is it a Twitter Killer?

Filed as News on January 29, 2008 12:25 am

Matt and team at Automattic have released The Prologue Theme for WordPress, a WordPress theme designed to be a localized version of a simple messaging service like Twitter. Seems to be a lot of talk about it over on TechMeme. I’m thinking this could be very useful for teams and internal communications within companies where you don’t want people to publishing stuff to the general public but need to collaborate on internal communications in a creative Zen like fashion.

Check it out and download it today.

Tags:

1. By Brian Carnell posted on January 29, 2008 at 7:54 am

So its like Twitter..except it wouldn’t be down 4-5 hours a day…nice.

2. By Fat Kid Unleashed posted on January 29, 2008 at 8:36 am

I hope it’s a twitter killer. I would love to give up the old bird and create a multi author blog with friends. This could completely revolutionize blogging. And I hope it does :-)

3. By Chetan posted on February 1, 2008 at 9:19 pm

Good alternative for Twitter type theme ;)
    BTW looks really good.

4. By Daniel posted on February 15, 2008 at 9:44 am

Not really keeping to its original intention, but Prologue’s clean, white, iPhone friendly creative inspired me to build a Jakarta bar listings & review site:

Innovative use of various WP comments plugins allow users to not just submit their reviews, but also ratings, as well as rate the reviews of other users.

5. By stonpy posted on February 25, 2008 at 5:47 am

I have installed the Prologue theme to my wordpress though in the admin section I cant seem to find the place where I (or user) can upload their profile image, does any body have this problem? can anybody help me out?

6. By Friendship posted on March 3, 2008 at 2:21 am

This rocks! I’ve read that Prologue is a new WordPress theme and described as a group Twitter, to enable each other know what they are up to. According to Matt, Prologue theme has comments, permalinks, RSS feeds, Gravatars, XML-RPC, everything we would expect. I wish! =) Anyway, when I get a chance today I’ll watch the demo and hopefully it will be instructive that I’ll be running with the big dogs there… hehehe

7. By Mr.Michaels posted on March 19, 2008 at 11:06 am

You might be interested in free diggs at http://www.eeeb.org. Get free diggs there for any of your digg urls – Mrmichaels Dpfriend

8. By Floyd Buenavente posted on March 28, 2008 at 2:29 am

A twitter killer perhaps.

9. By bronson posted on April 3, 2008 at 5:46 am

Wow, that theme rocks. The versatility of WordPress never ceases to amaze me.

It’s phenomenal what can be done, given enough time, resouces and skills.

It’s a killer theme for someone looking for the twitter type functionality, but on their own doamin – there are several real world applications of this combination of WordPress and the Prologue Theme that spring to mind immediately, both for internal use in a workgroup and project environment and an external use for part of a website.

10. By indonesia first posted on June 5, 2008 at 3:47 am

Good Article, I love it, I hope your article can help me to be more professional

11. By video bulur posted on June 17, 2008 at 4:07 pm

prologue theme is wonderful with gravatar plugin. :)

12. By Nacho posted on May 6, 2009 at 4:44 pm

I’ll give that a try my friend. Thanks!

Current ye@r *