Easiest Website Builder Ever?

Filed as News on March 24, 2008 12:55 pm

Joomla, Drupal and WordPress, oh my!

These words might mean something to you, but they mean absolutely nothing to the tech-deaf layperson. Make room for WebNode, a quick and dirty way to build a Website or blog, relatively painlessly.

For folks who can’t be bothered with downloads and uploads, WebNode allows you to build a feature-rich Website using drag-and-drop functionality. After a free registration, users choose from several dozen customizable templates, and round out their online destination with series of gadgets and widgets.

I realize that most readers of this blog are far too sophisto for this type of site builder. However, if you’re like me, and often looking to get people off your back who want you to build them a blog, here’s your out. Using WebNode, even a third grader can accept Paypal payments and create an RSS feed.

Webmail, domain forwarding and basic statistics are among the add ons.

Tags:

1. By Roel posted on March 11, 2009 at 3:21 am

I’ve been using wordpress for a long time now until I switched to joomla. I would also give Webnode a try, is there any video tutorial using this one?Would highly appreciate that, thanks a lot!

2. By Bob posted on March 12, 2009 at 10:48 am

I have been using pagebuzz.com which I think is the easiest site builder. I tried wordpress but it is too limited and really not designed for e-commerce. I will look into webnode but most of the things I have seen for us dummies really fall short on features.

3. By Tom posted on March 16, 2009 at 10:25 pm

I found an easy and user oriented website builder called Mi Imagen Online, check out at http://www.miimagenonline.com

They offer domain, hosting, non-limited space, an online web Editor, no installation or configuration, best practices oriented, and many other features like WebNode, however, it seems more easy to use.

Is just another option !

4. By the running man posted on April 15, 2009 at 4:30 pm

^ yeah, if you happen to speak Spanish.

5. By Homepage erstellen posted on June 13, 2009 at 4:55 pm

Wow webnode is a very good website builder i try it out and I think its a very good tool!

6. By tobias posted on June 16, 2009 at 3:44 am

Omg webnode is pretty cool!

7. By HMI posted on June 25, 2009 at 3:06 pm

i like this one. webnode is my favorit its so easy to use!

8. By Gala posted on July 9, 2009 at 9:52 pm

WOW i love this website builder it cant be easier!!!!

9. By Nance posted on July 30, 2009 at 9:10 am

Webnode is great — however the problem is all content are stored on their server, is there some way I can download back all files to my own PC for backup purpose?

Personally I used Dreamweaver for HTML, or A4Desk for building flash websites. This way all files are stored on my own PC, and I can upload the files to my own web host (or my client’s web host) account.

I have tried WordPress and other CMS software, but in order to support them on client’s server, I often have to install for them the entire WordPress system first, which sometimes take longer time than building the website.

10. By Thesis Paper posted on August 29, 2009 at 12:34 pm

This is obviously one great post. Nice and wonderful article for putting it together and this article has very valuable information you post and provided here keep it up!”

11. By Mitch posted on October 26, 2009 at 3:08 pm

I think Spidersitebuilder.com is actually more powerful/easier to use. Check it out, you might want to review it. http://www.spidersitebuilder.com

12. By Thesis Writing Help posted on February 1, 2010 at 10:00 am

this kind of blog always useful for blog readers, it helps people during research. your post is one of the same for blog readers.

13. By Karl posted on May 19, 2010 at 8:57 am

Hello. After reading this post, I tried to build my own website, by using WebNode. Sadly, it was a bit difficult to use.
    I then searched the web for another website builder and found this one.
    It is much more easier to use and also offers more features than WebNode. It’s an 4 easy steps DIY website. I recommend it to anyone who wants to build their own website in a matter of minutes.

14. By sanjeev jha posted on May 21, 2010 at 11:07 am

Webnode is good.No doubt.But if you want power and you want to build more complex websites : try this http://www.indigloo.com

15. By yammy posted on June 29, 2010 at 2:05 am

I agree with Karl. Webnode is not that great. There are install problems and the templates look very simple. This really belongs to the MySpace set. If you want to really do a business site and go pro, I do think you go with WordPress or even what Google has to offer. By the way, I’ve heard about Weebly, which I hear is good too.

16. By Curtis posted on December 9, 2010 at 5:15 pm

Viviti.com is my fav builder. It is simple, but at the same time offers tons of flexibility. Webnode is just Ok. Didn’t really do it for me though.

17. By Dirk posted on June 24, 2013 at 7:36 am

Thanks for the article, Webnode indeed is a really good base for starting a new Website project. During the last 5 years from this article Webnode became more and more professional and you can build multilingual sites or webshops with the software. We made an in depth review of Webnode which could also be interesting: http://www.the-best-website-builders.com/webnode-review/
    Greetings, Dirk

18. By cheap website design services posted on August 14, 2013 at 12:41 am

Cool blog site friend I’m about to suggest this to all my listing contacts.

19. By dissertation conclusions posted on September 17, 2013 at 3:35 am

Now the tools are the important part of making a website.

20. By Lucian posted on October 4, 2013 at 5:32 am

Webnode is good bu there are many tools for website creation, that offer more features. One of the most powerfull is http://www.ucoz.com, the Number 1 Free Website Builder in Eastern Europe. Domain attachement, unlimited traffic and disk space, full control of HTML/CSS and much more, all available to the user with the free version.

21. By artstorefronts773 posted on November 6, 2013 at 2:10 am

Our website solution gives the “interactive retail experience” that has proven to sell art online.
    All the leading online art retailers follow this recipe.
    Now, you can too.