I had that sense of recognition…here was something which I had known all my life, only I didn’t know it…
Ralph Vaughan Williams
A blogger recently contacted me with the announcement, “I finally found my passion on my blog! Thank you!”
I wasn’t sure why I was specifically being thanked, but I love it when people finally find their blogging path. Have you?
Here are some tips to help you find your blog purpose and passion:
- You think about blogging on the subject constantly, at work, at play, in the night.
- The subject is usually first in your head when you wake up in the morning.
- You keep coming back to the subject matter on your blog.
- It’s the largest collection of posts in your post categories.
- You find yourself smiling when you hit the Publish button.
- You can’t stop talking about it.
- Your friends start calling you the Queen of ____________ (or king).
- Your friends are tired of you talking about it.
Whatever “it” is, it is a clue to your blog passion.
I asked the blogger how her blog had changed after she’d been blogging on the subject for a few months.
It was as if a weight was lifted. I couldn’t get to my blog fast enough. Ideas poured out of my head. Before, I couldn’t figure out what to write. It was a constant struggle. Now, it’s like I don’t have enough words. I know I don’t have enough time to write all I want to write. It’s so much fun, but it’s work – and it’s not work. It’s fun work. I really enjoy the whole process now. Even the things I hated doing before are easier and more fun.
And the comments! The response! It’s like I’ve found a new group of friends, people who like me and what to hear what I have to say. The comments I’m getting are great now. They are really responsive. Contributing to the conversation. Helping each other. Helping me! I feel like I’ve found a family not just a blog.
Have you experienced this?