Google offering UK Analytics users £75 of AdWords advertising

Filed as News on September 11, 2008 7:35 am

This may well have been doing the rounds among other publishers, so apologies if this is old hat to some, but today I received an email from Google offering me £75 of AdWords advertising.

I’m a UK blogger using Google Analytics. The email begins:

Dear Google Analytics User,

As a Google Analytics customer, we know that you care about the quality of traffic coming to your website, so we wanted to introduce you to Google AdWords. AdWords works by placing targeted advertising alongside Google’s search results.

To help you get started with AdWords we’ve sent you a voucher for £75 of Google AdWords advertising. The voucher is risk and commitment free, so start advertising today and drive more traffic to your website.

It then lays out the benefits of advertising with AdWords, and provides a personal voucher code. It’s only for those who don’t already have an AdWords account.

It’s not the first time Google has cross-promoted its products, and even £75 (about $140) is small change, particularly if it gets more people hooked on the system. It’s a good match, too, as Analytics and AdWords integrate well together.

Has anyone else received one of these invitations?

Tags: , , ,

1. By Ryan Williams posted on September 11, 2008 at 9:06 am

Yeah, I got one this morning. Pretty interesting — I might use it to supplement my upcoming site launch.

£75 sounds a lot, but I know our clients at work spend a lot more quite regularly. How far does it actually go, or can be made to go?

2. By Andy Merrett posted on September 11, 2008 at 9:40 am

Guess it depends what keywords you’re bidding on and who you’re up against. I never really got into the intricacies of AdWords.

I expect you could eek it out, but Google no doubt hopes that you’ll be soooo impressed with it that you’ll carry on spending, or otherwise you’ll forget to cancel your freebie (which the email says you can do) and start getting charged instead!

3. By Ian posted on September 11, 2008 at 3:53 pm

I tried AdWords once, didn’t really generate enough decent traffice to my site for the cost I was paying out. It seems word of mouth is a good way to start up!

4. By Andy Merrett posted on September 12, 2008 at 3:25 am

I might consider it, though I want something worthwhile to point the ads at. Not got much time, though — just read the Terms and Conditions at the end of the page:

“Offer expires and promotional credit will only be granted to accounts created on or before 31st October 2008″

I suppose I can create the account without spending it.

5. By 30upwards posted on September 30, 2008 at 3:48 pm

Sounds good , Discover how I escaped the Mind-Numbing world of
    claustrophobic cubicles and florescent lights – to begin
    raking in thousands a month on the Internet – without
    owning a product, an email list or even a website!”

A low cost, proven system,that takes just a few hours every week – AND it’s powered by
    GOOGLE.COM – the world’s most powerful search engine!

6. By The Adwords Guide posted on November 14, 2008 at 12:02 pm

I recieved one as well

And I started using it but i realized i was paying to much for the traffic i was getting. I sure there are cheaper alternatives.
    Has any1 got any?

7. By Jacnette posted on November 17, 2009 at 3:44 pm

I have been using Adwords for the last 2 years and i can only say that it increased my online sales by about 20%. The pay per click cost of Adwords is even cheaper than Adbrite. I love Adwords.

8. By Asbar posted on December 13, 2009 at 4:44 pm

i m Working with adwords for last 5 Year and finally i have made a masterpiece which contains all the solution about Adwords Soo Do me Feedback soo i can make it Better for you people to understand

9. By Grace posted on March 4, 2014 at 2:14 pm

This company named results driven marketing does free audits on what keywords are producing the most wasted spend id consider talking to them call them at 325-446-1507

Current ye@r *