Great Blog Domain Names…Wasted

Filed as Guides on May 3, 2009 11:10 pm

Repost This

Folks who own a Web site know how difficult it is to find that perfect name. While a great .com moniker does not guarantee success – it certainly doesn’t hurt.

So isn’t it a shame when you search for your dream domain only to find that it’s already owned. Worse yet, you visit the site only to find out that the owner is not utilizing the name well…or at all!

While BlogHerald is a swell name, I was curious about other blog-related names that are not being used as well. As you can imagine there is no shortage.

Here are a few I came across that have me perplexed. Maybe the owners are just hanging out waiting to get their price.

Blog.com – A blog hosting company I have never heard of.

Blogging.com – Nothing but shady ads

Blog.net – Nothing – registered in Tokyo

Blog.org – A UK-based individual’s blog

Blogger.net – Google is doing nada with it.

Blogger.org – Google is doing nada with it.

Several premium names being sold:

problogger.org = $5,000
faceblogger.com = $20
betterblogger.com = $200
1blog.com = $10,000

Are there any blog domain names you have come across that you wish were being used in a better way?

Tags: ,

1. By Øyvind posted on May 3, 2009 at 11:47 pm

I hate it that videoblogger.com and photoblogger.com isn’t used.

2. By infmom posted on May 4, 2009 at 12:00 am

Haven’t done any exploring of other domains, but some jackal offered to sell me the .com and .org variants on my .net domain. I told him I’d had first choice and hadn’t picked them then, so why should I pay him now?

3. By Kelly McCausey posted on May 4, 2009 at 1:37 am

I bet someone might snap up betterblogger.com for a couple hundred bucks.

Unfortunately, whenever I’ve wanted a domain that a squatter had they wanted thousands :(

4. By Paul posted on May 6, 2009 at 11:15 am

Just about any decent keyword+book.com gets squatted these days. I wanted to write an ebook on a topic and release it on its own mini-site for free but the domain I wanted was taken and the owner wanted $10000 for it (!!!).

5. By Derek Kimball posted on May 10, 2009 at 3:45 am

Lol…yeah, I wanted to use the domain name “DesignDude.com”. The “squatter” wanted an insane amount for it. The url is not being used at this time, and hasn’t been for years. I will never understand.

6. By Derek Kimball posted on May 10, 2009 at 3:50 am

Sorry, please disregard that last post (not really a blog specific domain). Here’s one that’s kind of catchy, but not being used: BloggerHeaven.com

7. By jesse posted on June 8, 2009 at 8:40 am

whatsnewpussykat.com
    whats-new-pussykat.com

both for sale right now on godaddy.com

8. By Nameconnect posted on June 2, 2010 at 1:09 pm

Provides premium domain name broker services to businesses, Specializing in premium domain names. Name connect is your choice for premium domain name brokerage services. We help our clients acquire domain names they desire.

9. By Hover Coupon posted on June 5, 2010 at 10:42 pm

A lot of the best domain names have, sadly, been wasted. People register them, park them, and display advertisements. It’s tragic. Obtaining them also tends to cost a small fortune.

Watch everyone go nuts when .co becomes available in a few weeks… It will be like men climbing over one another to get access to the last fertile woman on the planet.

10. By k55 posted on June 10, 2010 at 9:02 am

it is real… seriously domain name is promotion now 99 cents only at http://bit.ly/cheapestdm99