The BBC is advertising for a new editor for its Internet Blog, which covers a range of topics related to some of the BBC’s multimedia and online teams including BBC Online, BBC iPlayer, Future Media & Technology, Online Media Group and Vision Multi-platform.
Main duties of the role include:
- Commissioning, writing and publishing blog posts on a daily basis;
- Planning of future posts;
- Managing and liaising with senior executives, communications and legal teams;
- Managing the BBC’s social networking presence;
- Connecting with users and audiences on BBC Online and other networks;
The successful candidate will be an experienced editor with strong web skills, having an interest in and practical ability in social media, and with a thorough understanding of web production methods.
Applications have to be received by the 10th May. Sounds like a pretty good job for anyone wanting to get into the BBC.