With the announcement of the new Pico microblogging theme Six Apart now also stepped in to the microblogging game and wants its part of the pie. They also announced new features to simplify microblogging on the TypePad platform:
- “Post from anywhere” capabilities with email, iPhone, and TypePad bookmarklet
- New simple, professionally-designed, stylish themes
- “Post once, publish everywhere” with built-in support for Facebook, Twitter, and Friendfeed
- Control of your own advertising, your domain, and your personal brand
- All backed with support and training from TypePad One
These features might be new for Typepad users, I personally fail to see where they are new. Other than having ‘built-in plugins’ for the technically challenged people. Everything else, and much more, can be obtained freely via Tumblr and/or WordPress. For the minimum $4.95/month TypePad charges, I can host my blog on my own domain and have much more freedom.