Dooce Starts MFA Subpage

Filed as News on September 16, 2009 11:19 pm

Heather Armstrong, better known as Dooce, has announced the launch of her MFA subpages Monetizing the Hate.

And I’m sitting there feeding Marlo, my abdomen wrapped in a bandage SO THAT I DON’T GIVE HER CHICKEN POX, and I’m reading an anonymous comment calling me an asshead, and suddenly I remember that conversation I had with Heather. And I’m like, you know what? I’m going to let that anonymous comment help pay for the therapy that Leta is so desperately going to need once she finds out what awful things I’ve said about her on my website.

Internet, let me introduce you to Monetizing The Hate.

Here I will be posting all the hate mail I get in my inbox and all the hateful anonymous and not-so-anonymous comments left on this website. And let me tell you, it is a hoot! And the money? OH THE MONEY! I am going to roll around naked in all that money! Because that’s what assheads do!

And as the title, Monetizing the Hate promises, the page is full of ads. Although I can see the irony or fun in the concept, Dooce might be pushing things just a little too far here.

Tags: , ,

1. By Roschelle | Inconsequential Logic posted on September 17, 2009 at 10:27 am

Someone actually called you an asshead! Oh the horror!!! I think you’re way cool!

2. By RaceDriven posted on September 19, 2009 at 7:27 am

I think its bold and maybe why people think it goes to far is that they didn’t think of it or had the guts to do it. Personally I don’t get comments like those, but she does, so why not make some money off of them. If every reader purchases a $20 item from those ads, she would net a real good profit considering Dooce.com gets alot of traffic.

Good luck to her and yes I saw the page.

3. By Sarah K. posted on September 30, 2009 at 3:03 am

I used to read Dooce for a few years but lately she has become very odd and I don’t really relate to her much anymore. It really bugs me that she puts her children’s faces all over the internet and I think that crosses boundaries. When she put up the hate page that was when I stopped following her completely on twitter and other sites. She is just not funny anymore and now she is just bitter and mean and kind of a bully. I also can’t relate at all to buying $300 throw pillows when I have a toddler who drips grape juice all over my couch. Not very real life as far as I am concerned. I did recently discover Renegade Moms on twitter and checked them out and now I am a total convert. I can relate a lot more to kids pooping on the floor over throw pillows any day. Thanks. Sarah

4. By Heather J posted on October 8, 2009 at 2:59 pm

MTH is tacky at the best of times, particularly so when updated when mourning her Granny Boone. For it to still have her focus during the loss of a loved one is beyond trashy.

5. By Isla Watson posted on August 12, 2010 at 10:42 am

Chicken Pox can cause massive scarring of the skin that may not clear, that’s bad~:’

6. By Mirror Tiles  posted on October 18, 2010 at 3:52 pm

chicken pox is nasty, it can leave blisters on your skin-~`

Current ye@r *