The fourth annual Manchester Blog Awards, launched in August, had their winners announced last week, and the list is dominated by women.
Organiser Kate Feld said that she sensed women had not been participating in blogging a few years ago, and hence it was dominated by men, but now there were many more blogs written by females.
This year’s blog winners were:
- Best City and Neighbourhood Blog: Lost in Manchester
- Best Personal Blog: My Shitty Twenties
- Best New Blog: Words and Fixtures
- Best Writing on a Blog: My Shitty Twenties
- Best Arts and Culture Blog: Run Paint Run Run
- Blog of the Year: Lost in Manchester