New MySpace Profile Pages Start Showing Up

Filed as News on July 16, 2010 3:05 pm

New Myspace ProfilesIt’s official Myspace is currently showing off their redesigned profile pages.

Mashable received the following confirmation from Myspace:

“We’re testing a new look and feel of our site among users and the response so far has been positive,” adding “As always, we’re interested in hearing feedback from our community as we roll out enhancements to the user experience and look forward to sharing more details with you in the coming weeks.”

Users are beginning to see the new profile pages as they slowly role out to the general MySpace population.

Users will notice several nice additions to their pages including a left-hand navigation which rolls in profile navigation below the users picture, a new focus on the Myspace “Stream” which is the companies answer to the Facebook newsfeed where users can see recent activity, and recent comments, while sharing content.  Users can also follow their friends’ Twitter, Facebook and other social networking site profiles right from the site with a new follow option.

Most important is the fact that the UI is very much improved with a sleek look that rivals the sites competitors.

If you don’t see the new profile right away on your account don’t fret, only a limited number of users are receiving the update immediately with a larger site-wide launch being implemented after feedback is provided to Myspace by users.

New Myspace Profiles

So what do you think? Are the new features and sleek look enough to get you reconsidering using MySpace once again? Personally I want more features, not a makeover.

Tags: ,

1. By Kevin Raffay posted on July 17, 2010 at 6:05 pm

It won’t help — MySpace is the next Friendster…which was the next GeoCities…which was the next AngleFire…

2. By Tosca posted on July 29, 2010 at 12:39 pm

The new pages are actually really flexible for musicians.

3. By lonestarcadillac posted on August 4, 2010 at 12:25 am

Booo!!! I hate it! I don’t have as much control over my designs & my privacy settings. It’s too much like face book & I hate facebook. I liked myspace. The main thing I hate about facebook is coming true for myspace. Vulnerability & insecure networking. I don’t like the fact that there are only 2 layout options. My pictures get cutoff. I also don’t like the new modules. They have a feature to add your own module of your own design, but you can’t add anything to it. I don’t like that my old musician details are still up when I changed them. I cant get back to editing the old information. It says you can revert back to your old profile style, but how? I want my old custom profile back!

4. By Terri posted on September 11, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Way too slow for previews of your changes to show no matter what computer I try to change my profile on. I don’t have that kind of patience!

5. By raylene huls posted on December 6, 2010 at 11:39 am

The new My Space profile is horrible! There’s no way to discern (from what I can get so far) what pictures will “appear” on the profile page under the photos module, also I cannot edit the Bio information, which formally contained the code for my customized My Space, but now just displays the code text and REFUSES to save anything new! It’s taking forever for the CUSTOMIZE button to actually work. The columns are not modifiable, so info in the right column is cut off with no way to remedy it, because I don’t have access to the code anymore – I don’t even have the option of deleting the old stuff. BUT BY FAR THE MOST ANNOYING AND WRONG-MINDED FEATURE IS THIS HUGE ADVERTISEMENT IN THE MIST OF MY PAGE! We’re taking our MySpace down and will NEVER return.

Current ye@r *