December 1, 2008
As a blog publisher not located in the US, I sympathize with Darren Rowse (of ProBlogger.net fame). He’s posted an open letter to Amazon, in regards to their affiliate program, called Amazon Associates. Darren’s making a lot of money on Amazon, around $2,000-3,000 monthly, and he estimates that he’s sent around $1,500,000 in sales over the last 5 years. Impressive. read more
Tags: affiliate, Amazon, Amazon Associates, Darren Rowser
October 24, 2008
John Chow joins Darren Rowse in the I Love Aweber club, and highlights the new Twitter feature we’ve mentioned previously. It appears as if Aweber’s got dedicated users, always a good sign.
Speaking of which, Darren Rowse published his 8 reasons why to add a newsletter to your blog:
- Newsletters create Loyalty
- Newsletters Develop Relationships and Trust
- Newsletters Drive Page Views/Traffic
- Newsletters are Familiar
- Newsletters Build a Core Community and Enhance Reader Engagement
- Newsletters can Track and Target Groups of Readers
- Newsletters help build Momentum
- Newsletters Open Up Possibilities for Monetization
All good reasons, and more in-depth in the post of course. My personal opinion is that adding a newsletter is a good idea overall, and you can most certainly get spinoffs from it. You’ll need a plan of course, but there are most certainly possibilities here.
Tags: Aweber, Darren Rowser, endorsements, John Chow, newsletters, ProBlogger.net, Twitter