December 1, 2008
In case you haven’t visited the Google homepage today (as if that were how you got all your news), it’s World AIDS Day today.
Some indications of mass blog participation and the impact of social media on this event:
- BlogPulse is showing a major spike in mentions of “aids” or “World AIDS Day.”
- AIDS.gov has a blog at the official website for the US government’s AIDS prevention and information resource.
- Bloggers Unite, a service of BlogCatalog, has recruited the BlogCatalog user base of tens of thousands of people to participate in World AIDS Day.
- Technorati shows dozens of high-authority blog posts discussing World AIDS Day 2008 in the past couple of days.
- “World AIDS Day” is one of Twitter’s hottest phrases right now.