Let’s face it, blogging can be hard. Just writing every day can be a challenge. Once you have some subscribers there is even more pressure, you have people expecting new content to be delivered, and it had better be good!
How do you keep at it, day after day?
- Plan. Know from the start what you intend to do then you will not be surprised by lack of direction. It doesn’t have to be ultra-detailed, perhaps just a calendar, to-do list, scrap of paper.
- Set goals. Some people are motivated by goals, deadlines, and challenges. If you are one of these people, work with it!
- Accept that you are only human. Do not add more pressure to your job than is necessary. Your life and real responsibilities come first, nobody is going to get hurt if you don’t post today.
- Use your time productively. Use plugins to automate, software to organise and research. Bookmarks and browser add-ons. Anything that saves you time and helps you be more efficient.
- Relax. If you clench you will be less creative. Tension will cause you to lose some objectivity and positivity, so could upset relationships in your life and with readers. Nobody likes a grump!
- Treasure creative moments. When you are on a roll maximise the opportunity. Make notes, future post, get writing. You don’t know how long it will last so use it while it is there.
- Engage your audience. Sometimes when motivation is low it is good to interact. Comments can give you lift, ideas, inspiration, ego boost and a good laugh.
- Celebrate victories. When something good happens, traffic boost, subscriber lift, great comment, affiliate sale, new adsense income record, celebrate!
Those are my ideas for keeping going, how do you keep up your blogging momentum? Let us know in the comments …
Author: Chris Garrett
Chris is a professional blogger and internet marketing consultant. You can get more of his blogging tips, internet marketing advice and copywriting articles and a FREE ebook just by subscribing at chrisg.com