Blog directory Blogged.com is expanding its offerings with a slew of new features designed to help bloggers drive traffic to their sites.
I first learned about Blogged last year when I received an e-mail telling me that my primary blog had received an “Editor’s Review” rating of 7.7. Not too shabby. Blog Herald boasts an impressive 9.7!
Aside from pro reviews, the community can also write thoughts about what they think of your blog. The site lets users search for blogs or blog posts, all while pulling your feed and assigning tags to each blog.
Some of the Blogged 2.0 features include…
– Attract more users by writing comments about Blog articles you have written. Any comment you write will be pushed out to all of your friends or seen by public users.
– Drive active discussions about your Blog by providing comments about article you have written.
– Invite your Facebook Friends and Twitter followers to participate in discussions about your Blog.
– Read interesting articles based on your interests and personality type.
– Filter through your RSS feeds to see only the most relevant postings and start active discussions on these posts with your friends.
The Twitter and Facebook integration were an important element that was missing, and we’re glad to see it added.
Overall, I generally use the site to discover new blogs. However, Blogged also wants to be your front page source for the very best blogged content.
The new features are in beta mode and might not be available to all users at this time.