New service promises to transmit blogs into space

Filed as News on July 18, 2005 11:08 pm

by Duncan

Repost This

A new service from MindComet is promising to deliver blogs where they have never gone before: space. Blog in Space states:

“Blogs In Space is the first entity to allow everyday bloggers to transmit the news and thoughts of an everyday person into space. Simply put we take your feed and transmit it out on a powerful deep space transmission dish.”

Waste of money or interesting marketing ploy I’m not sure, but its days like today I wish I had a “bizarre” category to post this to.

1. By Zoli Erdos posted on July 19, 2005 at 12:34 am

How old ! :-)

beat them to it

2. By Zoli Erdos posted on July 19, 2005 at 12:36 am

Oops, what I meant to say above is:
    Craigslist beat them to it.

3. By Duncan posted on July 19, 2005 at 1:05 am

Craiglist doesn’t count as a blog :-)
    Seriously though I got a tip in the email about this one ove overnight.

4. By John (SYNTAGMA) posted on July 19, 2005 at 6:00 am

A society that has to seek out ways of wasting its time, must be wealthy and contented. Good luck to all of them.

5. By John Mudd posted on July 19, 2005 at 11:32 am

They do not accept Feedburner’s feed URL. I just tried signing up and it gave me a bad URL message each time. Earth to aliens: Fix your transmission system to permit all URLs or risk service failure.

Cheers.