Hurricane Katrina missing persons appeal

Filed as News on August 31, 2005 9:33 am

by Duncan

Repost This

I’ve received the following comment in the post about Hurricane Katrina today, I don’t know whether its legit or not, but I can say one thing, the images of the bloke (I believe from CNN) who spoke about how his wife had been swept away, and before she was lost told him to look after the kids and the grandkids is the sort of thing that would bring the tear to the eye of anyone. It makes you appreciate how lucky you are to be safe and well.

From our comments:
Please help me find Dottie & Jay Thompson. Picayune, MS. White Cypress Subdivision. Barry 803-397-4497. [email protected]

If you’re looking for someone who is missing or lost please feel free to leave your detalis in the comments. I’m not a very religous person (I’ll defer to Darren on this one) but our prayers and thoughts are none the less with you.

Update: post here in the comments in case you miss it: looking for family, Trish Peyton, Heather Hatten, Richard Scott, Patricia Maliongas, or any of my family that can tell me if everyone is ok. [email protected]

what ever we can do to help.

Update: More requests in the comments. If you can help please do. Weblog Empire politics blog Donklephant is also getting requests from their readers as well. Please drop by to Donklephant (here) as well if you’re looking for loved ones or looking to match people up. A lot of distraught people out there with missing loved ones.

Further update: if you are interesting in suggesting a charity worthy of reader contributions across the Weblog Empire network please let a comment on this thread: Hurricane Katrina donation suggestions

Extra: John Evans, who writes the Weblog Empire blog the Windows Vista Weblog has an great post over on his person blog Syntagma

More: a lot of comments here already. If your looking for a loved one, or are able to provide information please scroll through the comments. There are a lot, but it all helps. The good news is we’ve already reunited people. Please, post your comment here and dont email it to me, if you do have a good news story from the comments here email me a [email protected] God speed.

1. By bridget posted on September 11, 2005 at 6:01 pm

looking for my aunt dianne williamson she lived in slidell la her family in south carolina last day we talk to her was the day of katrina right before she made landfall please call us

2. By riley gillum posted on September 12, 2005 at 10:30 am

Looking for aunt and cousins-Betty Callahan, Libby eleuterius and Wendy all from the Gulfport area. Call me at 405-520-5674

3. By vanessa otero posted on September 12, 2005 at 5:47 pm

well i think every body should do funraisr to help the hurrcan and that how we will raise more money and help them and we should send them for school and store so they can help them all aother places

4. By Wiley and Margaret Masters posted on September 12, 2005 at 7:19 pm

Please contact your Alabama/Georgia cousins.

5. By Beverly Daniels posted on September 12, 2005 at 9:18 pm

I’m looking for a Paul V. Burke, He is 84 year of age. I am also looking for an Alvin Burke. He is 75 years of age. Last address was 249 16th St. New Orleans of Lousiana. It is near 17th St Canal. You can contact me at (985) 447- 1880. Please call ASAP if you hear anything abot these two men, Thank You and have a blessed day.

6. By PEARLETTE GODFREY posted on September 12, 2005 at 10:03 pm

HELLO MY NAME IS PEARLETTE GODFREY I AM MEMBER OF THE UNITED STATES ARMY. I AM LOOKING FOR MY BIG BROTHER NAMED DAIMEN GODFREY. HE LIVED IN NEW ORLEANS LA. WHEN THE HURRICANE CAME. MY BROTHER IS ABOUT 5″9, 180LBS,BROWN-SKINNED, HE HAS DREADLOCKS IN HIS HEAD AND HE HAVE A TATOO OF TWIN ACROSS HIS STOMACHE. I LOVE HIM VERY MUCH AND HOPE IF ANY ONE CAN GET SOME INFORMATION TO CONTACT ME HERE. HOME:270-707-0875, CELL:931-302-6796 OR WORK:270-798-5215 I WILL BE VERY GREATFUL FOR ANY HELP. MY BIG BROTHERS BIRTHDAY IS 12 AUG. 1978. THANK YOU VERY MUCH PEARLETTE GODFREY.

7. By Robert Lee Woodyard posted on September 12, 2005 at 11:02 pm

Looking for Robert Lee Woodyard Sr. residence 124 Thompson Road
    City: Picayune,
    State: Mississippi 39466 To see if family is all right.

8. By Keith Trasetra posted on September 13, 2005 at 2:27 am

Hahahah! There’s one person that can save the Katrina victims… The Hoff!

9. By Bev Heipp posted on September 15, 2005 at 3:25 pm

10. By LORRAINE posted on September 15, 2005 at 10:30 pm

IF ANYONE KNOWS THE WHEREABOUTS OF RONALD MCMORRIS OF BOGALOUSA, LOUISIANA, PLEASE HAVE HIM CALL HIS FAMILY. MOM AT (281) 422-8369, CALL AUNT (310) 308-5585 OR AUNT COLLECT AT (310) 671-6891 – LORRAINE

PLEASE

11. By LORRAINE posted on September 15, 2005 at 10:33 pm

IF YOU KNOW THE WHEREABOUTS OF REV ERVIN CATCHINGS, PLEASE HAVE HIM CALL HIS AUNT AT (310) 308-5585 OR COLLECT AT (310) 671-6891,

MAMA JUNIOR YOU ARE MISSED. LOVE YOU.

TEEDY

12. By Dale Wilkins posted on September 15, 2005 at 11:52 pm

Looking for Vickie and or Terry maiden name (Wilkins) your dad would like to hear from you and that you and your families are well and safe… you can E-mail your dad c/o [email protected]… This E-mail address is Joyce Wilkins (aunt Jo) love you miss you hope you all are safe!!!!!

13. By LORRAINE posted on September 16, 2005 at 12:30 am

RAY MCCADNEY, JR. HAS BEEN REPORTED FOUND DOING OKAY. THANKS.

14. By June Sampson posted on September 16, 2005 at 5:27 pm

I am very pleased to announce that my neighbor Bill Martin and his wife are fine and so is his son and family. They arrived back home yesterday morning. Good luck to everyone else searching for their loved ones and I hope you all get great results and that your family is found safe and well. Thank you all and you are now and always in our paryers.

15. By Jessica Lee posted on September 19, 2005 at 10:06 pm

I’m looking for my boyfriend Leonard Ward. I just want to know if him and his family are ok.

16. By Nelda & Melita Watts posted on September 20, 2005 at 7:15 pm

Looking for Stacey Norris, RN, or Danny Norris of Slidell, LA.

We are worried about you and your family. Please let us know how you are.

M & N

17. By riley gillum posted on September 21, 2005 at 9:43 am

Aunt Betty Callahan of Gulfport and daughters are located and all are well.
    Thanks

18. By SHERISE WILLIAMS BROWN posted on September 21, 2005 at 10:06 am

I am looking for GAIL WELLS COLLINS 49 YEARS OLD FROM NEW ORLEANS LAST HEARD FROM HER THE MORNING OF THE HURRICANE SHE AND ALL HER CHILDREN AND GRAND CHILDREN WERE IN THE SAINT BERNARD PROJECT.
    PLEASE CONTACT ME WITH ANY INFO, THANKS AND GOD BLESS!

19. By SHERISE WILLIAMS BROWN posted on September 21, 2005 at 10:15 am

I AM LOOKING FOR MY FATHER ALZIDA MEYERES OF NEW ORLEANS , HE LIVED IN NEW ORLEANS EAST BIRTHDAT 3/19/38.

GOD BLESS.

20. By Brandy Warf posted on September 21, 2005 at 1:21 pm

We would like to hear from anyone who has information about Ebony Charette, DOB 8/17/63 mother of Brandy Warf DOB 45/26/91. She was last seen at the Log Cabin in Waveland MS.
    Anyone with information can reply to this posting or to [email protected].

This message posted by volunteers at the Long Beach Episcopal School Relief Center on behalf of Brandy Warf.

21. By looking for mark@cindy byrne posted on September 25, 2005 at 1:29 am

please contact use if you can,we’re at my dad’s in N.C.
    e-mail me asap

LOVE YOU

22. By Tazzy posted on September 25, 2005 at 4:01 pm

hello im tring to help my dad find his family in LA. Unis LA. his name is Ronald Peppatone lived near Morgan city i think i may have miss understood.

RONALD PEPPITONE
    PLEASE CONTACT ME AT [email protected]
    OR 214-325-6288 CELL…. THANK YOU JOE GUIDROZE IS IN CALIFORNIA. THIS IS WHO I AM HELPING…

23. By alex posted on September 26, 2005 at 3:42 pm

it is caused more deversation then i thought it might

24. By Tom Heath posted on September 27, 2005 at 1:27 pm

This is to announce that our search for Harriet Weymouth has been fruitful. One of her cousins located her staying with another cousin in Georgia after a miraculous escape from New Orleans by way of Lafayette and Dallas, TX. Anyone wishing to contact her can reach me at my email address .

25. By Kim Evans posted on October 2, 2005 at 12:39 am

I am trying to locate my best friend and her family from Beaumont, Texas her name is Tiffany Lapoint and I have not heard from her in reference to the hurricane..You and your family are always welcome here in Nebraska..I also hope that the Sellers family is safe if you all need assistance Nebraska is really helping the hurricane victims so please if anyone from Beaumont needs help you can email me and I will connect you with different resources. The Evans family would like to send well wishes to everyone who has been involved in this tragedy. We are showing everyone much love from Omaha,Nebraska.

26. By sisilia brein posted on October 2, 2005 at 11:04 am

try and get back to me to donate what i have to this people .via my email if you have receive my message.

27. By sisilia brein posted on October 2, 2005 at 11:05 am

28. By Michael Harrison posted on October 4, 2005 at 1:53 pm

We are looking to hear from our neigbor Mike Harrison who’s primary residenence is in Bay St. Louis, Ms but lived part time in Metairie, La. on Ridgelake Dr. Nick and Jim are concerned and would like to hear from him or his status. Mike if you get this message please give us a call 504.430-3747 or contact LaMaisoncondo.com. We want to hear from you.

29. By Janet posted on October 5, 2005 at 8:18 am

We are looking for Dick Morris, who owned Dick’s Marina in Lake Charles, LA. Does anyone have any information about him or his family?

30. By MUGU ADAMU posted on November 12, 2005 at 4:16 am

MUGU ADAMU MUGU MUGU I DON LAND HERE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

31. By Dictionary posted on November 15, 2005 at 1:55 am

Hope everybody returns safely to the loved ones.

32. By Petition posted on November 16, 2005 at 12:15 pm

One of my buddies actually moved from New Orleans and I helped him get a place. That felt good.

33. By Iceman posted on December 12, 2005 at 3:26 pm

Im looking for my old friend, Johny Righman. 36 y.o.
    He lived in Terrytown.

by the way,
    since Hurricane Katrina made landfall, Red Cross has provided survivors with nearly 2.3 million overnight stays in 902 shelters across 26 states and the district of Columbia.

34. By Justo D. Rivera posted on December 14, 2005 at 12:14 am

Can you find my father. I have never met him but I have seen a picture of him. WE LOOK JUST ALIKE Last we know he moved to Winter Springs Florida. I know his birth date and SS # His name is Jose Antonio Caliz. Pleas if you have any information let me know. I have give money to places to find him but now I have no where to turn. I am from South Bend IN. I am a senior in college. I would like to see him there when I graduate.

Justo D. Rivera

35. By Marry posted on January 2, 2006 at 5:54 am

36. By mary gantala posted on January 6, 2006 at 1:22 am

looking for carmen stainback please call 480-855-7379 we have a family emergency please call asap.

37. » 3 years of The Blog Herald: the good, the bad and the ugly The Blog Herald: more blog news more oftenFebruary 23, 2006 at 1:34 am
  38. By Cherrika posted on March 8, 2006 at 2:44 pm

hello i’m looking for my friend Denise Johnson if you read this csall me at 504 259 1206 thank you