bbPress 0.9 Is Out, Integrates With WordPress 2.5

Filed as News on April 3, 2008 4:20 am

Repost This

Good news for bbPress users, 0.9 is out and it features integration with WordPress 2.5. There are a bunch of news in this release as well, although most fixes and fine-tunings. Read more about that here, and nab the 0.9 version here.

That’s the good part. The bad part is that current bbPress users will have to go through a bit of extra work upgrading. I haven’t tried it on any of my installs yet, but it looks straight forward enough, if not as easy as I’d prefer. That’s the problem with using code that haven’t reached the critical 1.0 number yet, so who’s complaining?

Actually, I did whine a bit about bbPress recently, over at Devlounge. I think it still is pretty far from 1.0, check that post out if you’re interested in the forum sibling of WordPress.

Tags: ,

1. bbPress 0.9 Is Out, Integrates With WordPress 2.5 : BlogazineApril 3, 2008 at 5:09 am
  2. Schweizer Wordpress Magazin » News bbPRess » bbPress 0.9 ReleaseApril 3, 2008 at 10:48 am
  3. By Doug posted on April 3, 2008 at 11:34 am

My question about BBPress is… why not just make it a plugin? I use Simple Forum from http://www.stuff.yellowswordfish.com/ and it’s just a plug and it works.

4. Hello world!April 3, 2008 at 2:58 pm