What Are You Doing for Blog Action Day?

Filed as Features on October 10, 2008 10:09 am

What can 8,952,087 combined readers do for the world? That is what Blog Action Day is asking, and I am sure you will be hearing much more about it from here and other popular blogs.

I am just putting together my post to go out on 15th October for Blog Action Day because I will be at an affiliate conference on the day, but I hope to be calling in to Blog Talk Radio at some point. What are you going to do on the 15th?

If you haven’t heard of Blog Action Day, here is a video that explains …

Blog Action Day 2008 Poverty from Blog Action Day on Vimeo.

All you have to do is write about it, donate, or if you are a creative type, do something wild to draw attention. For the more audio inclined, Vicky is hosting a panel on Blog Talk Radio.

Even if all those 8,952,087 (and counting) readers just donated $10 to poverty charity, think of the possibilities …

Tags: , , ,

1. By Evan posted on October 10, 2008 at 10:27 am

I think that this is a great idea but I’m just curious to know how long its been around for. I honestly didn’t about this monumental event until today. I like how you ended your post but given the current financial crisis I would recommend expediting that money to the US economy.

Evan

2. By VickyH posted on October 10, 2008 at 1:35 pm

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the shoutout about the Blog Talk Radio 12 hour marathon from 12pm (EST) to 12am (EST).

The “How To Use Social Media For Nonprofits” round table is at 5pm (EST) and we have 4 social media experts talking about the tools, strategies, and who would be the right person/people to do social media within an organization.

@evan Last year’s topic was the environment, this year’s topic is poverty. It’s been around at least two years :-) Glad your participating, spread the word to all your peeps.

For those who want to listen, it will be broadcast from http://www.blogtalkradio.com/blogactionday

Thanks Chris for helping us get the word out about this event!

Vicky H

3. By Easton Ellsworth posted on October 10, 2008 at 3:31 pm

I’ll be busting my butt, that’s for sure. :)

The Blog Action Day team asked me to help organize the event this year. I’m its assistant event coordinator. So no sleep for me on Tuesday. :)

I plan to post once or twice here at The Blog Herald over the next few days about this as well.

I hope we get the world to notice and DO something about poverty.

Thanks for posting about this Chris!

4. By DB Ferguson posted on October 10, 2008 at 7:51 pm

Since my blog is about Stephen Colbert and “The Colbert Report”, to bring a perspective on the disproportionate distribution of wealth in our society, I’m going to talk about the excesses of the rich. Stephen does a sketch called “Colbert Platinum” where he features outrageous spending trends from the wealthy, and I’m going to feature a video or two with my post. Or, you know, something like that, I still haven’t nailed it down 100% yet.

5. By Chris Garrett posted on October 11, 2008 at 5:14 am

No problem on the shout out guys, good luck for the day!

Anything with Mr Colbert in it should be a laugh riot, nice!

6. By Dine Racoma posted on October 14, 2008 at 10:36 pm

i love writing poetry, and i came up with a short one, my contribution to Blog Action Day. http://dine.racoma.com.ph/poetry/blog-action-day-2008-poverty-in-verse/

7. By PJ Rooks posted on October 15, 2008 at 4:30 am

At Claire’s Booklist, we’re talking about DyAnne DiSalvo-Ryan’s picture book for children, Uncle Willie and the Soup Kitchen.

Current ye@r *