Speaking of which, Darren Rowse published his 8 reasons why to add a newsletter to your blog:
- Newsletters create Loyalty
- Newsletters Develop Relationships and Trust
- Newsletters Drive Page Views/Traffic
- Newsletters are Familiar
- Newsletters Build a Core Community and Enhance Reader Engagement
- Newsletters can Track and Target Groups of Readers
- Newsletters help build Momentum
- Newsletters Open Up Possibilities for Monetization
All good reasons, and more in-depth in the post of course. My personal opinion is that adding a newsletter is a good idea overall, and you can most certainly get spinoffs from it. You’ll need a plan of course, but there are most certainly possibilities here.
Author: Thord Daniel Hedengren
Thord Daniel Hedengren is a designer, writer, and blogger, and also the former editor of The Blog Herald. He used to be a hotshot in the gaming industry in Sweden, but sold everything and went International. Most recently he wrote a book called Smashing WordPress: Beyond the Blog, and does loads of kickass design.