Fifth Firefox 3 Beta, Probably Not The Last One

Filed as News on April 2, 2008 12:11 pm

Mozilla recently released the fifth Firefox 3 beta, and I sincerely doubt that it’ll be the last one. Brave souls can try it out, of course, but if you’re a Gmail user I advice against it:

GMail (new version) conversation labels appear on their own row in the message list, and names don’t show in the contacts manager

One of several known issues. There’s bound to be more bugs.

Still, people I’ve talked to who have been running the previous beta tells me it is actually quite stable and performs well. Hopefully we’ll see a release on schedule, which would be June.

1. By Jeremy Steele posted on April 2, 2008 at 12:54 pm

I tried the older beta on my iBook, it seemed to run a bit faster. Not brave enough to test it on my desktop though.

2. By Thord Daniel Hedengren posted on April 2, 2008 at 1:43 pm

I’m going to give it a go on my Kohjinsha, Linux and all, should be bound to be messy! :)

3. By Todd posted on April 2, 2008 at 8:46 pm

gmail contacts work for me (i’m using the portable version of beta 5). labels are on another line, it’s true. But BOY is it blazingly fast and not hogging memory. awesome.

4. PortalPC - Firefox 3 beta 5 pe piataApril 3, 2008 at 8:43 am
  5. Трагедия в Беларуси. Убит Людвиг БурьянскийApril 7, 2008 at 4:19 pm
  6. Сегодня ночью стрелки часов переводятся на час вперед - ЛІГА.netApril 7, 2008 at 6:16 pm