Twitter on the Web: Not Exactly Up to Date

Filed as News on September 22, 2008 1:49 am

Repost This

The recent Twitter redesign is a nice update, and I like the latest tweet area below the post box on my page. However, it is hardly up to date, as the image above proves.

Have you seen anything else that is funky in the new Twitter design? Besides the fact that there still isn’t a search box, that is…

Tags:

1. By Ryan McLean posted on September 22, 2008 at 2:43 am

Hmm that is a little funky. I am not a big twitter user so I can’t say I have seen anything funky….
    If I see something I will let you know

2. By Linda posted on September 22, 2008 at 7:02 am

Search TAB is there. Just not as obvious though.

3. By mymoen posted on September 22, 2008 at 8:48 am

wauw, nice shown or new twiter.. i love it..

4. By Linda posted on September 22, 2008 at 12:47 pm

The other search feature by the way is all the way at the verrryyyy bottom of the page on the “about us” nav bar.

5. By Paul William Tenny posted on September 22, 2008 at 6:41 pm

The problem with young startups like Twitter (and Newsvine) is that they don’t have any corporate discipline. They spend all their time making their pages a little bit more pretty, or adding just one more shiny (but ultimately useless) feature. 90% innovation, 10% fixing bugs or design flaws from the previous 90%. Nothing that annoys users/customers ever gets fixed and so their relative value as an entity never goes up, it just stagnates.

Do you think IM is ever coming back? Does anyone honestly believe they’ve spent as much time working on it as they did adding the little note in your sidebar (which is gone now that everyone is used to that feature being disappeared)?

Of course not. Why would anyone want to slave away for a couple months fixing a flawed architecture when they can spend their lazy afternoons playing with page designs?

6. By Thord Daniel Hedengren posted on September 23, 2008 at 2:50 am

That was pretty cynical, Paul. :)

For the record, it appears that they’ve fixed the “latest tweet” bug for me now.

7. By clarua posted on July 29, 2010 at 6:37 am

I really thankful for give me such a nice chance to read your article plus to comment about your article.I read your article about “Twitter on the Web: Not Exactly Up to Date”Thank you..

affairs