Awesome! Google Partners With Amazon To Help BlogSpot Fans Generate Extra Cash

Filed as News on December 17, 2009 5:42 pm

amazonblogger

First broken by Darren (via Problogger), it looks like lovers of Blogger will now be able to easily insert their Amazon affiliate links within their posts–just in time for the holidays!

(Blogger Buzz) With this feature, you can search Amazon directly from the Blogger editor and add pictures and links to Amazon products right into your posts. Your readers will earn you commissions whenever they buy the products you recommend, and if you don’t already have an Amazon Associates account, you can sign up for one for free without leaving Blogger.

If you’ve ever written a blog post about a book, recommended a gadget, or reviewed a toy you bought for your kids, you’ve likely gone through the process of drafting the post, opening up a separate window to go to find a site that sells the product, then going back to Blogger to paste the link to the product into the post editor.

What is surprising about this partnership is that Google is not earning anything by helping BlogSpot fans generate extra cash during this global recession.

It will be interesting to see whether or not Google partners with more affiliates online–not to mention integrate with their own affiliate program (formally known as Double Click) which Google purchased last year.

Tags: , ,

1. By Sean M Kelly posted on December 18, 2009 at 1:58 pm

Hi

I already do this with wordpress and have even set up an amazon book store on my blog – Be Inspired Book Store. However its great to get something when you mention a book and recommend it but Amazon only pay 4% commission on a sale, this makes it hardly worthwhile to put much energy into selling a book. Offline line book sales get about 30% for book stores so why not online particularly when its cheaper to manage for amazon? Maybe I’m missing something about it all and would be interested in hearing how much people making selling books via amazon or similar.

Thanks
    Sean

2. By chris posted on December 18, 2009 at 4:41 pm

This is nothing new to Me as I have Being using Zemanta to do this for a long time. But I think Amazon is way to Hard to Make Money With and unless you have a blog that is Built Around a Specific Niche Amazon will not work.

3. By Rahman Mehraby posted on December 18, 2009 at 4:52 pm

I’m happy for all the bloggers who will more easily setup their affiliate marketing campaigns although I agree with Chris that Amazon isn’t the easiest way to make remarkable amount of money.

4. By Darnell Clayton posted on December 18, 2009 at 7:36 pm

Niche blogging is IMHO where the future is at (at least for newbie bloggers). But for personal blogs, this may not work (although the same is mostly true for online ads as well).

5. By chris posted on December 18, 2009 at 8:25 pm

Well I suppose it is good for Amazon and Google Making Millions Dollars in Revenue on Maybe Millions of Blogs that Never Reach Minimum Payout.

6. By MG posted on December 19, 2009 at 12:10 pm

didn’t earn a single dollar (in last 6 months) through amazon astore…!!!
    so i just removed it from my blog :-)

7. By bip posted on December 26, 2009 at 7:52 am

This is nothing new to Me as I have Being using Zemanta to do this for a long time and Google Making Millions Dollars in Revenue on Maybe Millions of Blogs that Never Reach Minimum Payout

8. By Sean M Kelly posted on January 30, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Well I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one who has made practically nothing from amazon and adverts on my website/blog. The question is – is the internet becoming another entity where a small group of organisations/people make vast amounts of money from the masses? Another example is itunes, even though I love itunes and use it, it too has most of the market now for music online, yet the musicians including myself make less money than before from sales! But how much are “itunes” making?

Any thoughts?

9. By chris posted on February 1, 2010 at 12:49 pm

Since you mentioned music sean I think that we are just buskers. David Risley is talking about this on his blog, He says that less than 1% of the Top Bloggers earn more than $19,000 a year.So where does this leave us $19000 a Year is not much money not in Ireland anyway

10. By seks posted on May 17, 2010 at 10:40 am

didn’t earn a single dollar (in last 6 months) through amazon astore…!!!
    so i just removed it from my blog :-)

11. By Syed Salahuddin posted on May 18, 2010 at 12:36 pm