One of the biggest problems facing those who consult and train others in social media, as well as business that need to know about social media, is defining social media. What is it?
Many simplify the concept and say that it is Twitter and blogs, especially blog conversations and comments. Others offer complicated answers that have to do with building your online identity and brand.
The last few workshops and conferences I’ve been to, including Podcamp and WordCamp Hawaii, battled with the definition of social media and the role it plays in today’s business and economy.
What does social media mean to you? How do you use it? What is it doing for you? How do you define social media?
Exploring Social Media Series
- Define Social Media
- Exploring Social Media Series
- Social Media Tools
- It Starts With One
- Start With the Basics
- One Size Does Not Fit All
- The Motrin Moment Impact of Social Media
- Social Means Personal
- Do You Know How to Use the Social Web?
- Establishing Your Online Credentials
- Learning About Social at the Goodwill Outlet
- Shortening Those Links
- The Power of the Link Needs Content
- Promoting Your Link Backs to You
- Live Citizens Press Conference on Twitter
- Measuring the Curse of Social Media Tools
- Defining Twitter Demographics and Interests
- Twitter Adoption Stats and Demographics
- Exploring Social Media: LeVar Burton Passionate About Social Media
- Twestivals in 175+ Cities Around the World Thursday, February 12, 2009
- Do You Need The Best Things in Life to be Free?
- Twitter Wins $35 Million in Funding
- Exploring Social Media: Twitter is Broken, Now What?
- Exploring Social Media: Future Tweets with TweetLater
- Exploring Social Media: Time for a Web App Matching Service
The author of Lorelle on WordPress and the fast-selling book, Blogging Tips: What Bloggers Won't Tell You About Blogging, as well as several other blogs, Lorelle VanFossen has been blogging for over 15 years, covering blogging, WordPress, travel, nature and travel photography, web design, web theory and development extensively as web technologies developed.