When you blog as much as I do, you feel like you’ve heard it all. I have never been offended by something an editor said, but I have certainly had those “did they really just say that?” moments. I think that one of the greatest parts about being a blogger is getting to meet a variety of different editors. You never know what to expect, and that’s what keeps the job interesting.
I would like to preface this list by saying a few things: First, I do not write for most of the editors that I have quoted below, so no use looking up my articles and trying to figure out which editors said what (I know you have a lot of time to do that). Second, the majority of these quotes were not taken out of context; in most cases, this was the only thing written in the email. Third, this is all completely true and was in no way exaggerated or made up (I couldn’t make this up if I tried).
So, without further ado, I give to you the top ten craziest things I’ve heard from editors:
- (Automated Message) Thank you for emailing *name of blog.* If you sent an article to this address, I will be sitting here wondering why you felt you were too good to read the guidelines.
- I don’t edit on Fridays.
- Thanks. I probably won’t email you back because this is a busy time of year for me.
- In response to the picture you will find on my Twitter and gravatar: Can you send another picture? You look like you may have been drinking in the one you sent us because it looks like you were at a party.
- You are the f#$%ing s*#%@ !!!
- Oh…looks like you didn’t see the note at the bottom of the page. I no longer accept guest posts honey. But it’s okay it happens to everyone!
- After explaining some of the revisions necessary: Anyways, do you want to get coffee sometime?
- Wow your article is so great! Can you write a few for us every day?
- Despite the fact that the blog had guidelines for guest posting: You want to post an article on our site? I guess we can take a look…
- This is really only funny to me because I had no idea what it meant upon first reading. I’m a sheltered American I suppose: If you could do one like that say once a fortnight I would be happy :)
Now I would love to have a little bit of fun with this article. What are some of the craziest things you have ever heard from some of your editors?
Photo Credit: vibranthealthworld.com layoutsparks.com
Amanda DiSilvestro is a writer on topics ranging from social media to credit card processing. She writes for an online resource that gives advice on topics including document software to small businesses and entrepreneurs for the leading business information directory, Business.com.
Amanda DiSilvestro is the Editor in chief for Plan, Write, GO. She has been writing about all-things digital marketing, both as a ghost writer, guest writer, and blog manager, for over 10 years. Check out her blogging services to learn more!