People say there is no such thing as altruism. Perhaps that is true. Fact is, helping other people feels good.
To me it doesn’t matter if I get a kick out of helping people, it doesn’t diminish the benefits the recipient gains so I find it hard to feel guilty about that.
My tip for you today is to go help another blogger. I promise you, it will feel great and we all need a bit of help, pat on the head or a boost every so often.
You can help other people out in tons of ways, here are a few:
- Make a great comment
- Stumble or bookmark a good post
- Link to your favorite reads
- Answer a question in a forum
- Donate towards a good cause
- Buy another bloggers ebook
- Buy a book for a friend
- Send an email complimenting someone on their work
- Twitter about someone you like
- Forward a fantastic email to friends
All of these things will help your fellow bloggers and give you a warm and fuzzy feeling. If you are stuck for something to donate to, it would be great if you could read this article and maybe contribute.
Chris is a professional blogger and internet marketing consultant. You can get more of his blogging tips, internet marketing advice and copywriting articles and a FREE ebook just by subscribing at chrisg.com