The other day I posted up another interview over at Performancing, this time with an expert affiliate, “Sugarrae”. Check it out, it’s really good.
Someone just asked if I will be doing more. Of course!
I’m a big fan of interviewing people. Interviews are amongst my favorite type of blog post.
- They are fun
- You can get answers to your own burning questions
- Your blog gets valuable content
- The interviewee gets promotion and links
- It’s not necessary for YOU to be an expert, you bring experts in
- At the very least a nice way to meet people
Getting an interview is a case of asking politely. If people have time they will generally agree but it helps if you know them a little first. Perhaps engage them in conversation in Twitter, in their comments or a forum first.
How to Approach Blog Interviews
- Be aware of time, do not be too greedy
- Prepare questions in advance
- But be flexible and go with the flow
- Try to think of what will be of interest to readers
- Avoid anything that will make the interviewee uncomfortable
Have you got any interviewing tips to share? Love interviews? Hate interviews? Let us know in the comments …
Chris is a professional blogger and internet marketing consultant. You can get more of his blogging tips, internet marketing advice and copywriting articles and a FREE ebook just by subscribing at chrisg.com