The following is an excerpt from Lorelle’s popular book, Blogging Tips, Tips Bloggers Won’t Tell You About Blogging.
There are a number of bloggers who thrive on the attention of negative energy. They get their thrill by being nasty, whining, and complaining. And people love them.
There is an art to being a nasty blogger. You can’t just rant about an issue. You have to take a side and be clear around the intent of your complaint. The blog post must have a focus and a purpose.
- Choose one subject and have at it.
- Choose a side and stay with it.
- Explore the other side of the issue, but only as justification for your position.
- Don’t lower your standards into name calling or blame games. Rant with higher standards.
- Be totally righteous in your opinion.
- Convince others you are “in the right”.
Lorelle VanFossen blogs about blogging and WordPress on Lorelle on WordPress and the Blog Herald, and is the author of Blogging Tips, Tips Bloggers Won’t Tell You About Blogging.
The author of Lorelle on WordPress and the fast-selling book, Blogging Tips: What Bloggers Won't Tell You About Blogging, as well as several other blogs, Lorelle VanFossen has been blogging for over 15 years, covering blogging, WordPress, travel, nature and travel photography, web design, web theory and development extensively as web technologies developed.