The Top 10 signs terrorists have infiltrated the blogosphere
The Washington Post reports that Islamic Terrorists have turned to the internet to base their operations. What are the top 10 signs that Islamic Terrorists have infultrated the blogosphere:
10. SixApart provides MT 4 for free to all users.
9. Dave Winer starts prophesizing that Allah is the one true god, as opposed to himself
8. Slashdot reports that the latest virus hidden in Blogger blogs actually causes computers to explode
7. Andrew Sullivan outs himself as being straight.
6. osamafanclub.blogspot.com tops the Top 100 at Technorati
5. The BlogHer crowd start claiming that women should get out of the blogosphere and back to the kitchen.
4. Podcasts are hacked and substituted with morning prayers
3. Jeff Jarvis reports that the latest London bombings are the work of “Gods Children against the oppressors of the West”
2. BloggerCon becomes Allah Akhbar Con.
1. Arabic comment spam
There’s an 11th: http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=25218
#11: Jo Ito renounces photos of people & switches to abstract patterns.
#12: Technorati stops ranking blogs & says that we are all equal under Allah
I read that article Sunday and just shook my head at the alarmist tack it takes. Like if there were no Internet, there would be no Islamic Terrorists. Like folks weren’t killing others and themselves to strike terror as far back as history can record.
To subvert a quote: Technology does not kill people, people kill people.
For the mainstream press, absolutely everything boils down to a few cliched plays: celebrity (hey, we’re BLOG CELEBRITIES!!!); a kind of politically acceptable Amos and Andy (hey, look at you comical *Arab* *Muslim* killers!); humor based on 25-year old standards in irony (okay kids, it’s tonight’s TOP 10 LIST!); and of course inside knowledge (what are these blog references?) to establish hipness.
The ever *edgy* Washington Post reads blogs but does not perceive…