Like my post from yesterday about the Top Ten Bloggers that I respect, here’s a list of some blogosphere personalities that irritate me…
I’m quite sure this won’t make me very popular in some circles – but who cares.
- Barry Bell – Barry is a UK based former blog network owner who twice took us to task for the direction that we were headed with The Blog Herald. This, of course, coming from a guy who didn’t have a single blog in the Top 100,000 at Alexa or any other metric that’s out there. And don’t bother clicking the link with his name – allof his sites are offline.
- John Evans – I respect where John’s going in a quest to be unique and different. At the same time, I utterly fail to understand why each comment has to loop back to being about “Web Network Magazines” and how his sites aren’t “blogs” but rather “web network magazines”. John is the single most prolific commenter at The Blog Herald – with nearly twice as many comments as Duncan Riley wrote in 4 years here at The Blog Herald.
- Howard Lindzon – Howard and others involved in The Blogging Times have thoroughly wrecked that site (Minic being the exception to that comment). And I learned all I needed to know about Howard in this comment thread a few months back. I do like what is happening with WallStrip, however, so there may be hope.
- Dave Winer – I sincerely respected what Dave was doing with blogs, podcasting, and RSS and saw him as someone who was persecuted and misunderstood by others. Until I met him. Wow. Then I understood how wrong I was.
- Matt Craven – I frequently irritate myself.
I find myself unable to come up with a list of ten, however. And I shied away from a couple because I already stirred that pot once this week and am not going to do so again.
Who irritates you?
Matt Craven is the former editor & publisher of The Blog Herald. Currently, Matt is the co-founder of Bryghtpath LLC, a consulting practice located in Woodbury, Minnesota. Matt's presently looking for new blogging gigs. Ping him at matt (at) bryghtpath dot com. You can follow him on Twitter.