As of January 2018, there are over 3.7 billion unique mobile users in the world. Also, mobile devices are expected to drive around 80% of global internet usage. The time spent by individuals on digital media using mobile apps is around 50%. The point that we are trying to make here is that the future which was predicted to be mobile, is finally here. Many businesses have converted their websites into apps since the mobile app usage has shown some promising trends:
- In 2016, 149.3 billion mobile apps were downloaded by consumers. This figure is expected to reach a whopping 352.9 billion by 2021. (Source)
- While mobile websites get more visitors than mobile apps, people tend to spend more time on mobile apps than on websites. (Source)
Wondering if you should also have a mobile app for your business? Here are some advantages of mobile apps over websites:
- Better personalization
- Less intrusive notifications
- Offline presence possible
- Design independent of the browser
- Better speed
If you have a WordPress website, then you are in luck as there are many plugins that can help you convert your website into an app. In this article, we bring to you three great plugins (in no specific order):
WappPress plugin helps you build real-time Android apps for any WordPress website without any coding skills.
Here are the features of WappPress:
- Google AdMob Interstitial – build great app business by earning from your app!
- Push Notifications
- Customizable Launcher Icon
- Customizable Launcher Screen
- Real Time conversion to an Android app
- Different Home page for App
- Different Theme for App
An app builder that helps you convert your WordPress website into an app, AppPresser is good tool for website developers and novices alike. The AppPresser plugin helps you connect your WordPress website to the app. You need to create the app using the app builder and then install this WordPress plugin.
Here are the features of AppPresser:
- Visual app builder to get immediate visual feedback on how the app looks
- Complete color customization
- Customizable menus and design
- Add custom splash screens, icons, offline images, etc.
- Push notifications
- Live App updates
- Better speed
The WordPress plugin offered by Mobiloud helps you create an app from your WordPress site and update it automatically as changes are made by you to your website. Apps created using Mobiloud work on majority smartphones.
Here are the features of Mobiloud:
- Truly native apps designed for Android and iOS
- Push notifications
- Customizable mobile app menu
- Support for images, videos, pages and custom fields.
- Advertise using AdMob, Adsense, MoPub, Google DFP or your own custom HTML ads
- Offline access to the site’s content
Please be advised that working with such plugins on your existing WordPress may make the overall WordPress instance heavy. This in turn may make the website slower. One of the primary reasons for this is that system settings and data like plugin information are stored in the WP-Database. As this database grows in size, it tends to make the overall website slower. It is essential to have your developers or webmasters to regularly maintain and optimize the WP-Database in order to keep it lean and fast. Alternatively, a good option for your WordPress website would be to host it on WP Hosting plans. Typically WordPress Hosting providers include free WP-Database management and optimization within the plans, which will take care of this task.
Hope this helps and be sure to share your feedback and thoughts on using these brilliant plugins to transform your WordPress website into a fantastic app. And if there are other such cool apps, be sure to mention them in the comments section below!