I was just reading Yaros free Blog Mastermind Lesson and he says this:
there are only four ways you can get traffic to your blog –
- You can buy it
- You can get it from search engines
- You can take other people’s traffic
- You can do or create something that generates attention and word of mouth
Think about it. It’s such a simple fact, but one people often overlook. How do you get traffic to your blog?
- Links – Either begged or given freely, links send the most qualified and sticky traffic
- Digg/StumbleUpon – Social media send traffic and also generate links
- Viral effects – Create a killer video or a download and people share it with their friends
- Advertising – Many people do not have the funds to buy advertising but it is the surest way to create more visitors
What do all of these come down to? Creating something compelling.
Even with advertising. If your advert does not offer something compelling, who is going to click through?
Rather than look for tricks and secret techniques, create something remarkable and your promotion efforts will be so much easier :)
Chris is a professional blogger and internet marketing consultant. You can get more of his blogging tips, internet marketing advice and copywriting articles and a FREE ebook just by subscribing at chrisg.com