It’s reasonably well known that I am a fan of commenting on others blogs. Commenting gets you noticed. Makes connections. Most people though want to know how to get more comments on their own blogs.
Here is todays tip: How to get more comments in 10 Minutes
- Plugins – Install a “subscribe to comments” plugin, such as this one for WordPress. The notifies commenters that a reply has been posted and allows them to continue the discussion.
- Hang back – Don’t put everything possible into your post. Make it great but leave some room for others to pick up the conversation.
- Topic – See what subjects or discussions have worked in the past, get to know what your visitors like to talk about
- Welcome – Be friendly and approachable. Make it known that comments are welcome. Change your template from the default “no comments” to something more inviting.
- Invite – Most important; ask! Sometimes people wait for permission, you don’t get if you don’t ask.
Once you start the ball rolling it gets easier, people remember your blog as a place to hang out and comments beget comments.
Those are my tips, how do you get more comments on your blog? Let me know in the comments :)
Chris Garrett loves to get comments at his blog. Subscribe to get more blogging, copywriting and marketing tips, plus a free ebook on creating flagship content
Chris is a professional blogger and internet marketing consultant. You can get more of his blogging tips, internet marketing advice and copywriting articles and a FREE ebook just by subscribing at chrisg.com